Search This Blog

Thursday, March 10, 2011

To Sleep, Perchance to Dream?

Ah, that active squirrel mind that won't let go.  Even while sleeping.  Visions of sugarplums are for the children; I see knitted fabric.  Swimming up from the depths come pattern possibilities, like those little messages in the fortune-telling "8-Ball."

One of them clamored to see life, so knit I did, because knit I must.  Three-Button, Three-Flounce Cravat merely awaits those three beautiful porcelain buttons I envision, but they're in the store ten miles away, and the needles are right here.

I did it in a tencel/merino blend because that's what I had spun, and it uses less than 90 yards, because that's all I had left.  I think the flounces would drape better if done in bamboo, to which purpose I began spinning some more of that pound of shimmery stuff in my stash, but then . . .

. . . but then came another sleep and another message from the depths, and so the wheel is working a sorrel-colored alpaca (because I had it) to ply with a sorrel-colored merino (because I have it), to knit into another neck-and-chest warmer for Hubbest, who needs it for his Harley.

I'm going to have to ask the visions to take a number and wait in line. 

No comments:

Post a Comment